Thursday, November 3, 2011

My homecoming

SURPRISE – October 6, 2011
In hindsight maybe surprising everyone wasn’t the best idea. I had to wake up my roommates to surprise them. They were so happy to see me but I’m sure they were not excited about the fact that they stayed up talking to me for an hour before heading back off to bed. They are going to be tttiiirreeeddd at work tomorrow.

Then I had to wait until the next day to see either of the boys. The original idea was to try and set it up so we could get Loreen and Randy and both boys in the same spot at the same time. Once I realized that was impossible, between the time I would be arriving and the boys work and school schedule. I was feeling bad now. I should have just arranged to have them pick me up at the airport. But what’s done is done. So then next morning I went over to were Josh is living and my friend called him to tell him to come outside. Being my crybaby he immediately started crying. We hugged and cried...he did say he was hoping when the time came that he wanted to pick me up at the airport. Oh well...again, in hindsight... We could only spend a few minutes because he had to leave for work. After we got Jarrod to meet us down at Starbucks at the Santee Trolley Station. I was walking through the parking lot towards him. When he saw me he looked around as if trying to figure out if he was on candid camera. His first words were, “You are so F’n skinny.” Nice... It was a good surprise all around.

They are excited to have me home to say the least. I think me being gone was harder on them than it was on me. I’ve been the person they have relied on their whole lives up until now. And although some would say they are old enough to take care of themselves, I don’t think children are ever old enough to not need the support of their moms. I know nothing would make my life just a little easier if my mother was still here to call when times got rough, to call when I needed a little help with some cash, to visit whenever I wanted to and just to know she was always there for me. Right where she was supposed to be. I can’t blame them for wanting me to come home. I wonder though...would I have stayed if it weren’t for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment