Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Bamunan ni kasanke ce ka surun."

April 6, 2011

There’s a Malian saying “Bamunan ni kasanke ce ka surun“. The length of material between that which you wrap a baby and that which you wrap the dead is too short. Today someone I’ve been friends with since 6th grade died. I never felt so far away.

April 7, 2011

I just took my Bambara language test.  I tested at Intermediate Low.  We were supposed to test at Mid.  Oh well.  I was planning on doing tutoring at site anyway.  This means that when we come back to camp in 2 months I will need to take the test over again.  Bummer.  But I get some one on one tutoring.

1 comment:

  1. Clare, just wanted to tell you I have been reading your blog for many weeks. I have laughed and cried with the many serious and funny things you have written about. It is crazy the many things we take for granite in this part of the world. I hope you find peace and fullfillment in the many things you see and learn on your journey. Thank you for keeping us up to date on your journey. Love and prayers for you everyday. Love Penny

    ReplyDelete