Monday, May 9, 2011

How could I forget Mother's Day

May 8, 2011

Today is Mother’s Day. I guess it’s easy to forget when you’re in a place that has no sense of time, no calendars, watches and the time of day or night mean nothing. They don’t celebrate mothers or fathers or birthdays here. Why would I remember. I’m in Bougouni and when I got on the internet that’s when I realized it was Mother’s Day. My son Josh cried and told me how bad he wants me/needs me to come home. Talking about feeling like crap for Mother’s Day. As for my mother. There isn’t a minute in a day that goes by that I don’t think of her and remember and celebrate the very short life that she had. I didn’t think it was possible to miss someone so much and continually for so long. Happy Mother’s Day mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment