Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's all about timing...

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.”  -Stacey Charter


So today I swore that if I did not receive my Peace Corps packet in the mail I was going to contact my Placement Officer.  So the mail came and nothing again.  AAHHHH!!!  I know patience is a virtue, but maybe my virtues are not as fine tuned as they should be.  So I am getting ready to pull up my e-mail and all of a sudden my roomate says, "UPS is here.  Is anyone expecting anything?"  Really!!...UPS?...I've been running to the mailbox everyday waiting and looking and waiting.  UPS...who'd of thunk it.

BUT IT'S HERE!!!  My friends gather round waiting for me to tear open the untearable plastic envelopes that UPS and FEDEX love to torture us with.  "Congratulations!  It is with great pleasure that we invite you to begin training in MALI for Peace Corps service.  You will be joining thousands of Americans who are building stronger communities around the world.  This call to action gives you the opportunity to learn new skills and find the best in yourself."

Even though I knew this was coming, seeing it in writing, official word, is overwhelming.  I have been dreaming of this for 15 years.  Working so hard for the past 5 years.  Can dreams really come true?

"YOUR ASSIGNMENT"
Country:                      Mali
Program:                     Health Education
Job Title:                     Health Education Extension Agent
Dates of Service:         April 13, 2011 - April 12, 2013
Orientation Dates:        January 31 - February 1, 2011
Pre-Service Training:    February 2 - April 12, 2011
  (In Mali)

Now I feel like I can finally post my blog.  Now it's finally real.

No comments:

Post a Comment