Thursday, October 7, 2010

OK this is better!!

August 31, 2010
Well the previous e-mail from the Peace Corps said it would be 2-3 weeks before I heard from my placement officer to make an appointment for a phone interview to figure out an alternative placement plan...yet...that e-mail came the same day.   Whether that means anything or not I don't know but it feels better than having to wait. I take back my blah, blah, blah inpatience.

Although I keep saying I joined the Peace Corps and I'm going to Africa, nothing is really final until I have my invitation in hand...which won't happen until they find placement for me.  So this phone interview is pretty important...

Hello Clare,


I am your Placement Officer at Peace Corps. I am currently considering your application for placement. I would like to arrange a 30-minute phone interview with you to complete the final evaluation of your application and discuss alternate placement options. Please let me know a day and time beginning Tuesday, September 14th when you would be available for a phone interview and the best number at which to reach you. I am available Monday through Friday between 9:30am to 5:30pm EST.

Thank you,

Obviously I contacted her back asap to set up my interview.  September 13, 1pm Eastern time.  I will wait patiently until then.  Yeah right...patience is definitely not my virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment